Marvelous Designer Contest

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
LoriGriffiths

Marvelous Designer Contest

Post by LoriGriffiths » Fri May 18, 2018 5:48 pm

Have you guys seen this? It's a great opportunity to show off your MD skills.

Allegorithmic and CLO Virtual Fashion are teaming up to launch a new contest with an old twist: the “David & Diana: Apparel Creation Contest” challenges users to design and create original articles of clothing for two of the world’s most famous statues using Marvelous Designer and the Substance suite. From goth to futuristic space suits and everything in between, the only limit is the creativity of the contestant, with the best offerings earning their creators prizes. (https://www.awn.com/news/allegorithmic- ... ue-contest)

Here's the URL for all the details.
https://www.allegorithmic.com/blog/alle ... avid-diana

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Marvelous Designer Contest

Post by Rosemaryr » Wed May 23, 2018 4:37 pm

I was thinking about this, but Substance Painter was acting weird when I tried to import the avatar and the clothing.... Not to mention I couldn't figure out the rendering system they used. I may just make something for fun, and render it in another program, just the play along.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Marvelous Designer Contest

Post by Rosemaryr » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Well, I got Substance Painter to behave (with some hints from a MD forumite), so I got some stuff done. The clothing was fairly simple, but I had to re-use some Poser shoes and re-fit them to David in ZBrush (allowed in the contest rules, as accessories). I have left myself about 5 days to try to paint the statue. If that doesn't go well, my default will be to slap a pre-made texture on it, and call it quits.
David4.jpg
David4.jpg (66.18 KiB) Viewed 289 times
Then, I will do the final renders: one as above with a set lighting, and one 'beauty' shot with my choice of lighting, background and camera settings.