Saying hi :)

Show us your stuff! Beginner's and more advanced MD users are welcome to show their creations. Whether it is your first or your 100th, we'd love to see it.
CirstynBech-Yagher

Saying hi :)

Post by CirstynBech-Yagher » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi :)

Just wanted to introduce myself - I've used MD since version 2.
Here's some of the stuff I have done in recent years:

Exploring buttons in MD6 - I wanted to see if I could put Harley in a suit - Wip
suit.png
suit.png (731.22 KiB) Viewed 718 times
I love medieval clothing - here's a doublet I did a while back:
cby_doublet_deviantt.jpg
cby_doublet_deviantt.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 718 times
As I love medieval clothing, here's a gambeson I did - I am not happy with the maille under, or the way the leather "bent" - and I will probably redo it.
3DW_MD5Gambeson_QnA.jpg
3DW_MD5Gambeson_QnA.jpg (303.73 KiB) Viewed 718 times
Next, I want to explore boots! :D

I'm not sure if there's a policy on posting external videos, but if anyone likes the gambeson and doublet, I do have videos/tutorials of how I did them

C

LoriGriffiths

Re: Saying hi :)

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:28 pm

Beautiful work. Thank for sharing it with us.

You are more than welcome to post links to your videos / tutorials. I'm sure many people would be interested in them. Please put them in the Tutorials/Tips/Tricks forum.

What program are you using to finalize your MD work? Those textures definitely didn't come out of MD.

CirstynBech-Yagher

Re: Saying hi :)

Post by CirstynBech-Yagher » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:19 pm

Thanks, Lori :)

I used good old Photoshop for the doublet and then set up a velvet shader in CoronaRender after UV mapping it proper in UVL and then tweaking it in Zbrush. I went as far as rigging it for use in DS as a freebie, but I got stuck on deciding how to morph the arm-"puffs" when bent. The reason for the UV remap, is that even though the UVs laid out in MD are OK to work with, you still get stretch, so it's better to run them in UVL Or Unfold 3D before you start texturing

The gambeson is Substance Designer, and then Painter for what little I did of details. Rendered it in Marmoset Toolbag 2

I'll rustle up those videos and up them on Vimeo before linking in tips/tricks - I'd actually love your thoughts on the gambeson, there has to be a better way to do that...