MD 6 Feature Video

Create posts showing how things are done or link to outside pages to help others find valuable resources.
LoriGriffiths

MD 6 Feature Video

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi Fellow Forum Folks!

I did a video showing some of the new features in MD 6. I realize we're still in beta and things can change, but this will give you some idea of what has been added and udpated.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAen1YnTg40

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: MD 6 Feature Video

Post by Rosemaryr » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:41 pm

*Applause*

There were some things I hadn't noticed until you showed them in the video.... cool stuff ahead!

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:35 pm

One thing I seem to have noticed on your video. You appear to have placed your buttons directly on top of the buttonholes, on the same pattern piece. (At least that is how it looks in the 2D window layout...)
You do know that the buttons are, in fact, functional as buttons. You can place them on one pattern piece, the buttonholes on the opposite pattern piece, link them, and during the simulation the buttons will pull the two pattern pieces together.

I made the buttons a bit larger in the second screen capture so you can see them better.
All of the buttons started out on the left-hand pattern piece, but when the lower ones were linked to their corresponding buttonholes, they 'jumped' over to the buttonhole position.
Then I ran the sim, and viola! Fastened buttons! I imagine a particularly clever animator could make a getting dressed/undressed animation with that feature!

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:46 pm

Rosemary, I used a garment that I had previous "buttoned" using internal circles. It was already closed when I put the new buttons / buttonholes on it. I should have illustrated better using your technique. Thanks for pointing that out.