Exporting Texures

Create posts showing how things are done or link to outside pages to help others find valuable resources.
Mmas

Exporting Texures

Post by Mmas » Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:05 am

Hi,

I’m currently using MD as a new user. As I get familiar with the program I am having issues with getting my texures. I am only using color and fabric choices within the program. When I export my files I only get the obj file as well as a mtl. file. How can I be the texture map on its own file? I export my mesh into blender and the mesh is blurry. When I upload the mesh on to another program such as secondlife the mesh is all white because I need to upload the texture separately. However, I cannot upload the texture because I do not know how to get it. Any help would be appreciated.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Exporting Texures

Post by Rosemaryr » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:00 pm

When exporting the OBJ file, there should be (at the bottom of the export options menu box) settings for the texture: You can save the texture files in an associated zip file. You will then have to unzip that file for Blender's use. It will save the zip to the same location that your main OBJ file is placed.