I Had The Same Query On MD Forum & Now I Do Hope For Some Guidance On This Forum.

Is there an entire process you would like to see in a written or video tutorial? If so, put your request here so that experienced users know what content you are looking for.
patelbros

I Had The Same Query On MD Forum & Now I Do Hope For Some Guidance On This Forum.

Post by patelbros » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:26 am

I wanted to create an Indian Dhoti For A Non Commercial Educational Project. I tried making it in MD but have been Unsuccessful, The Dhoti Folds and Knots Are Just Not Working Out. Also When I tried To Hold the Dhoti in place using a Waistband The Cloth just won't simulate the right way. If I make it too tight it would just leave the Avatar unfolded or twisted in a mess. :cry: I really hope someone out here guides me as to what I am missing out or doing wrong.
Attachments
My_Model-2.jpg
My_Model-2.jpg (292.72 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
My_Model.jpg
My_Model.jpg (301.81 KiB) Viewed 1228 times

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: I Had The Same Query On MD Forum & Now I Do Hope For Some Guidance On This Forum.

Post by Rosemaryr » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:49 pm

(Replied on the other message thread above.)
I could do a step-bystep breakdown of 'how to do it', but it really just followed online (videos, mostly) examples of how dhotis are actually made, and a LOT of patience to manuever the cloth around.
Make sure that your avatar has the legs separated, to help in moving the cloth between them! You can morph back to a closed-leg position once the garment is finished, if needed.

patelbros

Re: I Had The Same Query On MD Forum & Now I Do Hope For Some Guidance On This Forum.

Post by patelbros » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:43 am

Rosemaryr wrote:(Replied on the other message thread above.)
I could do a step-bystep breakdown of 'how to do it', but it really just followed online (videos, mostly) examples of how dhotis are actually made, and a LOT of patience to manuever the cloth around.
Make sure that your avatar has the legs separated, to help in moving the cloth between them! You can morph back to a closed-leg position once the garment is finished, if needed.
Hello Madam,
The model that you see is the child model that I am going to animate for the game, I have imported it as an fbx here for getting the dhoti in perfect fit with the model, That way when I am animating the moves for the child the cloth would produce realistic movements with the child. I was thinking of dividing the animation movements into separate segments so that it is easier to handle by the game engine and the animation package. If I am not wrong when I exported this model out of MakeHuman it was in A-Pose so the legs are definitely in an open position which would help to maneuver the cloth around like you suggested. The Green Patterns that you can see in the model with the Yellow Dhoti are the ones that I tried to imitate the waistband that you had suggested in the other posts for keeping the dhoti in place...However when I am trying to achieve the second part of the clothing which is the Waist Cloth (Worn by Lord Krishna over the dhoti) and the shoulder cloth & Sacred Thread across the neck till the waist, It is not working out at all (The waistband, dhoti and the waist-cloth get tangled in a horrible manner thus leaving me stuck with working with the project from start again :cry: ) So you see after repeated efforts I am still no where close to getting the clothing work. The Shoulder cloth and the Sacred Thread are to be on the top, but without the waist-cloth getting anywhere I do not know how would I be able to get to the shoulder or the neck.
Attachments
Brahmin_Janeu-2.jpg
The Sacred Thread Worn Across The Neck
Brahmin_Janeu-2.jpg (173.76 KiB) Viewed 1214 times
sri-krishna-wallpapers-360x640.jpg
Waist-Cloth & Shoulder Cloth Worn By Lord Krishna
sri-krishna-wallpapers-360x640.jpg (76.83 KiB) Viewed 1214 times