Problem with MD 4 nd V7

Are you a Daz user struggling to incorporate MD? Are you a Daz expert? Ask questions or help others here.
Giulio

Problem with MD 4 nd V7

Post by Giulio » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:43 am

Hello
I'm newbie woth Md and just dowloaded it after see your great tutorial on youtube. You show us how to make our custom avatars too, and I downloaded daz studio too and buy Victoria7 from DAZ, but when i import her into Md, I can't use the blue points that help me to pose the patterns in front and in back in one click, of the 3d avatar. The same problem with Victoria6 too ( just buy her too just in case the MD4 don't know V7 ecause she's new) , no blue points :( . Where and how I can fix it? Thanks!

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Problem with MD 4 nd V7

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:46 am

Those are Arrangement Points sets, (which sit on the surface of Bounding Volumes) which are a MD native item.
They don't exist in V7, or any other imported figure, at the time of import.
You will have to either create a Bounding Volume and Arrangement Point set from scratch, or re-purpose one that is already made (usually the one for the default avatar).
Your best bet is to follow along with the steps that Lori gives here:
http://www.marvelousdesignerhelp.com/vi ... p?f=7&t=12

Giulio

Post by Giulio » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks! I will follow these steps! ;)

MorgaineChristensen
VIP
VIP

Post by MorgaineChristensen » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:59 pm

Just in case you get frustrated with creating the bounding volumes for your model, like I did, you can still use your models in MD without the bounding volumes. While the bounding volumes are quite useful at times, especially where sleeve or pants are concerned, if you have a care where you position your pattern pieces and have some patience, I have quite good results without them.

For sleeves, I simply don't sew mine to top till after I have positioned my sleeve, let it simulate to drape over the arm, then make the needed sewing of seams, then re-simulate. If I have to reset my pattern pieces, I generally freeze the sleeves in place and simulate the rest of the garment, unfreeze the sleeves, then re-simulate. Of course, like anything, it takes a bit of patience and practice.

I did a little research with our friend GOOGLE for you. Perhaps, this link will help you and get you started on your own research for what specifics you may need for your particular modes. The one posted below tells you how to import from DAZ to MD plus, it looks like someone else has created bounding volumes for at least one of the models; however, it may not be for the ones you are using. I am sorry but I know very little about DAZ. Hopefully, this will help you a bit.

http://www.versluis.com/2015/03/how-to- ... -designer/

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:58 pm

If you do use the free sets that Vintorix made, make sure to *re-save* them with a new name, specific to the model you are using. (The V7 figure *should* be close enough to the Genesis figure that Vintorix used, that you should not have to adjust too much to make it fit.)

Another good tip: once you have adjusted the BV and AP sets (and saved them), also save your V7 scene as a 'project' file (File>Save As> Project). This will give you a good starting point, with the BV/AP sets pre-loaded on V7, so you can then just start making garments. Otherwise, you would have to go through the hassle of reloading the sets for V7 each time. Call it something like "V7StartHere.zprj" to remind yourself that it is a blank creation scene, ready to go.

Giulio

Post by Giulio » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:55 am

Thanks for all help!

KTdid

Post by KTdid » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:01 pm

Sorry to replying on such an old post...

If you are designing for DAZ using Victoria 7 shouldn't be the first choice. Victoria 7 is based on Genesis 3 Female. That's what you want to design your clothing off of. With DAZ's auto fit, if it fits G3F, it will fit all of G3F based figures including V7.

I am unsure if you design clothing to fit V7, if it will fit all of G3F based figures.

Just wanted to state for others who might look at this thread.

- K