Does your virtual world need a bit more high fashion? Ask for help or give advice here.
Imagin

Post by Imagin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:33 pm

I want to get an SL avatar into MD that allows me to change the pose of the avatar in MD. I can change the pose using the MD avatars but when I import an SL avatar either as OBJ or DAE the bones aren't available. Is this even possible with an SL avatar? I find the Tpose very difficult to design clothes on.

LoriGriffiths

Re: Avatars

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:41 pm

Creating garments on any avatar in a "T" pose is a nightmare in MD. You do need to drop the arms. You can't get the skeleton with an OBJ. You need a COLLADA. I was able to bring in the SL female with her skeleton and bring her arms down. I also dropped her shoulders a bit.

I was given a Blender file with the model and rig, then exported it out of Blender as a COLLADA and into MD.

Imagin

Post by Imagin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:13 pm

Thanks so much, Lori. The .dae files I was trying was crashing MD but I found a video last night that showed me something I need to click first so that doesn't happen. I'm going to give it another try but I think that I maybe don't necessarily need the bones in MD if I just change to the A pose in Blender first.

So - after all is done and I'm ready to use Avastar to create the final .dae file that I will upload to SL do I need to switch everything to the T pose again before exporting?

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 am

I created a tutorial on my YouTube channel https://youtu.be/o2Bz28bt_8M.

This should explain everything you need to know. It's really easy to do.