Yuichiro Hyakuya Uniform

Are you lost in MD because you don't know anything about sewing? Are you a skilled seamstress? Meet up here and help each other out.
sheheryar_noor

Yuichiro Hyakuya Uniform

Post by sheheryar_noor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:09 pm

Hi,
I am trying to make "Yuichiro Hyakuya's Uniform"

Reference images

Here i have highlighted, that's how i think this shirt is cut in 5 pieces

Am i correct or wrong?
I showed it someone and he refereed me to this site and said Lori is an experienced tailor. Can someone draw me a sketch of this shirt how it is cut?But first of all i would like to know if i have guessed the the shirt pattern correct.

Sheheryar Noor

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Yuichiro Hyakuya Uniform

Post by Rosemaryr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:23 pm

I would count it as 6 pattern pieces: adding one more for the center front 'bib', (which does appear 'just for looks' and not entirely functional.
If you wanted to cut that as an extension of the piece you have labeled as #5, that would also work, but you would need to use some internal lines to make that edge stand up a bit more for the look of the bib front.)
(You would also need some extra bits for the pleats on the left and right, on both front and back.)

The jacket looks very similar in appearance, if not in actual construction, to the old-fashioned Western bib-front shirts
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... ront+shirt

sheheryar_noor

Post by sheheryar_noor » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Yup actually it is 6 pieces but i didn't count the front piece. I would probably need internal lines to attach the most front piece with left and right pieces(front) of the shirt.
I would start it my own and keep posting my images to know if i have cut it correct or not
i did not get this part " (You would also need some extra bits for the pleats on the left and right, on both front and back.) " where would i need bits for the pleats?

Thanks

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:30 am

At hip level: those narrow green triangles are actually inset pleats to allow easy leg movement. Without pleats, (or some kind of slit), the hip-length jacket would bunch up on the top of the hips, any time the legs moved.

sheheryar_noor

Post by sheheryar_noor » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Yup i have noticed it. I am trying my best to make this shirt but all in vain :( can anyone post me a pattern for this shirt

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:03 pm

You will probably have to combine several patterns to achieve the final look.

For the overall look (three pattern back, etc) something like this one. (The red triangles indicate where the expansion pleats would go... so you would have to have a cut set in there to allow for that.)
tunic1.jpg
tunic1.jpg (291.43 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
http://www.marvelousdesignerhelp.com/do ... view&id=20

Try the front from this pattern (cut a bit shorter) for the overlapping front look;
tunic front.jpg
tunic front.jpg (327.38 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
http://www.marvelousdesignerhelp.com/do ... view&id=21

Do check out Lori's tutorials for coats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB3V6PtoyK4
and for collars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjFZfrjW1w4

sheheryar_noor

Post by sheheryar_noor » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:35 pm

Mary thank you:) i have downloaded lori's collar tutorial but have not watched yet because of the shirt i am working on. I have improved enough doing wrong and wrong.

I am facing below problems and i want to know the reason behind it

In 2d the shirt's front starts from middle of the chest and cross the body(ribs) when i simulate it, the shirt's front does not stay on the middle of the chest.

If i pull the edge, the shirt's edge goes to the middle of t he chest in 3d but then the neck line is very deep
Example:Image

if i use transform pattern(A) tool to transform the shirt's front then it look like this

Do i have to fill this area with collar?
Image probably yes but what confuses me is this

Green line means does the shirt front needs to be till green line or it is fine till red line and rest of the area needs to be stitched with collars

Collar reference

Sorry for too much questions

here is the project file

Code: Select all

http://www.megafileupload.com/d0Sj/Bib_Test.zip
Note: Where else do i need to fix my shirt?

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:14 pm

The problem starts with the shoulder seam.
You have it lined up with the top of the avatar's **2D** silhouette. But the avatar has 3 dimensions, so you need extra cloth to allow for that. You have done that on the sides of the pattern; you just need to also do it at the top as well.
ShoulderSeam.jpg
ShoulderSeam.jpg (245.95 KiB) Viewed 4601 times
Here is a screen capture from one of Lori's video showing what I mean. Note the extra pattern compared to the silhouette of the avatar.
shoulderSeam2.jpg
shoulderSeam2.jpg (220.52 KiB) Viewed 4601 times
The next issue is indeed where you have made your seam connections. The 2D window is cut off a bit, but it looks like you do not have matching lengths at the shoulder seams.

I really, really recommend watching, and practicing along with, all of Lori's tutorial videos, starting with the MD Beginners' video. You need to know some of the simpler processes.

sheheryar_noor

Post by sheheryar_noor » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:28 am

Hi Rosemary,
i have watched lori's tutorial :) now i have the basic idea where the shoulders of shirt start from and where it ends at. Shirt needs to be a bit above than shoulders and collars stitching :) i have learnt.
There is one confusion for me which is the curve of shirt
Reference

Is this curve because of the body shape?

Or it should be like this?

Red line shows another piece which is stitched to the green area piece.
I am trying to make the back from 3 pieces not

This pic is kinda confusing me
What does this kinda shirt called?

In simple words all i am confused about is the back part now :) rest i have done it.

Rosemary if you don't mind can you answer me in pm i want to ask you something private.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:31 pm

I've been busy with real-world work stuff this week.... I'll try to get to this by this weekend, or early next week.