Is there any way to make this tutu ?

Are you lost in MD because you don't know anything about sewing? Are you a skilled seamstress? Meet up here and help each other out.
elisha.milton

Is there any way to make this tutu ?

Post by elisha.milton » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:45 am

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Is there any way to make this tutu ?

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:11 pm

Which part in particular?
The basic outfit (minus all the beading trim): yes, certainly. It is essentially a bra, and a panty with ruffles sticking out.
The lace: you would need a lace texture that has a transparency map.
The bead trim (the parts that are securely fastened to the cloth parts, but not the fringed beading): maybe, if you can alter the buttons options enough to satisfy you. But, personally, I would tend to suggest doing all the trim in another program, like ZBrush or Blender, depending on what you have available.

elisha.milton

Post by elisha.milton » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:37 pm

OK instead of making the tutu i decided to try and make this one of these skirts ...i think they are called mixed skirts im still not sure but i know how to make the first layer of the skirts. Its just the top part in having trouble with. and how it doesnt wrap all the way around the waist.

heres also 2 videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH8_ntvdqUY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUgNOko0a_w

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:10 pm

The outer layer of the skirt is fairly simple. Make either a simple skirt (for the straight-hanging ones) or a pleated skirt. Sew them to the waistband of the under layer (which should already be made... that looks actually like a pair of very short shorts, for modesty). Cut the pattern short on one side, then slide the endpoint of the sewing line back in the same direction such that it matches the new length of the pattern you just trimmed off short.

You don't *have* to have the pattern go all the way around: that layer can be 'incomplete' so to speak, since you have the inner layer still there for modesty.

elisha.milton

Post by elisha.milton » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Could You do a demonstration on MD i you have time

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:03 pm

It may take a day or so... I have a few things on my plate just now.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:31 am

Okay. Got a bit done for you.

First step, create a pair of shorts. Simple pattern for this, just find a regular pants pattern, with a waistband, and fit it to your avatar.

Once you have that constructed, and while the simulation is active, whenever you click on a pattern in the 3D window, a corresponding blue dot also shows up on your 2D pattern as well. Use this function to decide where the open area of the over-skirt will be.
Then, using the Add a Point function, add a point on the lower seam edge of the waistband, placing it as close as possible to the blue dot you just made. Here I have shown it done for the front, but I have also done the same for the back waistband as well.

Finally, use the Shift-Z function to show line length, and make a note of the length of that portion of the waistband (as marked by the new point). This will become the length of the upper edge of the skirt pattern. Create a skirt front pattern with that length on it's upper seam edge (and a skirt back pattern) and sew them to the corresponding sides. Notice that the skirt pattern is incomplete: a normal skirt would fit all the way from one side seam to the other. Here, the front and back skirt panels only reach as far as you want them to be.

MD will handle the two layers (shorts plus skirt) easily.

The pleated skirt is much the same, except that it needs a bit more calculation for the length layout. Check out Lori's video on pleats here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvI6R71 ... RvLrTidpXt
Essentially, you need three times (3X) the normal length to create a pleated pattern. Study Lori's video for both MD and real-world information, and the MD site's folding angle/pleats tutorials https://youtu.be/9k22EFjW9dM for MD specific tips. Also useful is
Ahrimed's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa05pPonAXY Some of these are done in earlier versions of MD, so be advised that a few things have changed.

After that, it's a matter of fine-tuning the patterns for fit and drape: adjust points and curves to make the garment a better fit for your particular avatar.