And now for something completely different: SpaceSuit

Show us what you're working on and we'll provide words of encouragement and constructive criticism to achieve the best results possible.
MarcusLaGrone

And now for something completely different: SpaceSuit

Post by MarcusLaGrone » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:12 am

Okay, I started a bit of an experiment to do a futuristic space suit. I started with MIT's Dava Newman's compression style suit as a concept and then went a bit wild...

For the record, MD gets "grumpy" when you have a giant pile of folds with high strength on 'm.
I inflated(!) the suit with a bit of pressure and then backed it off to get the garment to relax the way I like it...

Obviously still need to do the arms, gloves n boots... but methinks I'm going to take a break and do a few more traditional clothing items before I finish this...
Elakae_SpaceSuitTest.png
Elakae_SpaceSuitTest.png (140.39 KiB) Viewed 1474 times

LoriGriffiths

Re: And now for something completely different: SpaceSuit

Post by LoriGriffiths » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:42 am

Did you use internal lines and layer cloning for all that padding? That's a lot of work. You've got a good start there. Nice job.

MarcusLaGrone

Post by MarcusLaGrone » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:34 am

Actually there is no real quilting going on. All I did was set the (seven thousand) seams to have a fold of 360 degrees and then cranked the strength of the folds to"50" and... the simulation size to 10mm.
the puffiness then took care of itself... and made MD cranky at the same time...

wetcircuit

Post by wetcircuit » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:01 pm

Looks great! so detailed!