Forum Registration Changes

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
LoriGriffiths

Forum Registration Changes

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:58 pm

We got hit pretty hard with spam, which takes a long time for me to delete. I've changed the registration questions and also enabled email authentication. This means you have to enter a valid email address and respond to an email sent to that address by the forum before you can post for the first time.

This only applies to new users, everyone already registered should be just fine!

I apologize to all the new people trying to register for the forum. I know it makes it more work for you, but I don't have any other options.

I don't want this to discourage anyone from joining. We love all our members and welcome new ones.

Thanks for understanding.

Rosemary

Re: Forum Registration Changes

Post by Rosemary » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:50 pm

Shame it had to happen, but after seeing the spam that hits other forums, I know it's necessary.

Re-registered....(obviously) ...had to change my username to just Rosemary.

[Looks like a couple in the Off-Topic area: user names ChrisFaf, Aaronwes ]

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:05 am

Rosemary,
Why did you have to re-register? Your account should have been fine. The change was only for new forum members.

Rosemary

Post by Rosemary » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:37 pm

Heh. I must have been half-asleep when I first read the post. I tried logging in with the old username, but got shifted somehow to the Registration page, and had to use just 'Rosemary' because 'Rosemaryr' "was already taken".. Now, it seems *both* usernames are good to go. If you have the Admin function, you can delete the 'Rosemary' username, to keep things simple.