Article About MD and Clo3D

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
LoriGriffiths

Article About MD and Clo3D

Post by LoriGriffiths » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:23 am

I did a Google Alert a long time ago on the phrase "Marvelous Designer". It never has resulted in anything, but today this article popped up. I think it's really, really interesting. I didn't know that Clo3D was actively developing anything new. It looks like they have been very busy and making quite a name for themselves.

As CG starts merging more with the real world, I can see all of their products starting to come together. This should be a fun ride!

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/program/ ... o=10046523

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Article About MD and Clo3D

Post by Rosemaryr » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:39 pm

Thanks for the link, Lori!
With your permission, I would like to copy this information over to the MD forum, as well.

It took me some time before the web allowed me to actually view the link, but now that I have: very interesting developments, indeed!
This is where some of us (early) MD users had foreseen the direction might be going: there were some threads (now sadly lost) that discussed the cross-over of the virtual garment industry with the custom, tailored 'bespoke' apparel industry. Being able to scan a person, then show that person's individualized avatar dressed in different outfits, (in animation!), then creating the garments ready-to-wear, would truly make for a revolution in the fashion industry.

(P.S., my guilty pleasure is watching "Project Runway".... I'm wondering how long before one of the contestants show up with a laptop and MD...since they *are* supposed to bring their own tools to the workroom!)

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:04 am

Rosemary,

You don't need my permission at all. Feel free to share. I thought about posting it over there, but Clo3D and I have this love/hate relationship going on and Angel is evil, so I didn't want to chance it.

I was working on the Made to Measure method of real world clothing back in 2005. Way ahead of my time (not the first time). I think it's coming and it will merge with virtual. I can't wait until we have the processing power to animate clothing, as opposed to baking it, in games and VR. That will be tons of fun.

raden92

Post by raden92 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:54 am

LoriGriffiths wrote:I did a Google Alert a long time ago on the phrase "Marvelous Designer". It never has resulted in anything, but today this article popped up. I think it's really, really interesting. I didn't know that Clo3D was actively developing anything new. It looks like they have been very busy and making quite a name for themselves.

As CG starts merging more with the real world, I can see all of their products starting to come together. This should be a fun ride!

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/program/ ... o=10046523
Hello sir,

That's such a good article. Your fans may like those article, thats why the SERP (Search Engine Result Page) like google love your article and made it on its page 1. Anyway, may i share it to my friends too? they love designing very much.
Komunikasia - The company of design agency and graphic design jakarta