Pattern Maker for Marvelous Designer

News about MD software or special announcements that should be of interest to all.
Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Pattern Maker for Marvelous Designer

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:55 pm

I finally broke down and tried to do a hand-drafted sloper for the bodice front. I tracked down one of the on-line guides, and used the measurements I had so labourously gathered. It actually worked out (with a bit of tweaking of the numbers, as I could now visualize what measurements were 'off'....)

And, of course, once I had the front, the back measurements worked out using the Pattern Maker, so now I have a completed V4 sloper set! (Yeah!)

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:08 pm

Then a bit of tweaking of the pattern, to get the seams and darts lined up, on the tops and bottom.

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Rosemary,

This looks good. It still bothers me that you can't generate the bodice sloper. The front neck measurement isn't actually used in the darted bodice sloper draft, that's why it's missing. It is used in the undarted one that you mentioned. Drafting has it oddities.

I've sent you a private message related to this.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Lori, I've been able to get the Genesis measurement done, (as well as the Kids4)... turns out I had them after all. I just never unpacked that download until now. Check your private messages for more information.
I did use the latest version of MD5 (v.2_3_153), and the measurement system has dropped a decimal point readout.... it has gone from 1/100ths of a millimeter to only 1/10th. (Given how small a millimeter actually *is*, did we ever really need a 1/100ths accuracy?? :D )
Again, the Female front bodice pattern remains an issue. The problem still gives the message "Error drawing Shoulder Width line."
The Male patterns worked fine: Pattern Maker produces patterns as expected.
The Kids4 measurements worked fine for the bodice top (I used the male [No bust] patterns) and sleeve, with the measurement scale to .5 on that bottom line), but failed on the pants sloper patterns: "Error drawing front side line".

I will keep on trying different approaches to the failed measurement issues as time allows.
(I *really* want to get to --using-- the slopers I've made to make some garments!! Dag-nab it!! :lol: )

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:43 pm

Rosemary,

Thank you for the update. I've taken all the measurements for the models you shared with me, but I haven't used them in the new pattern maker yet. I'm waiting until we have it all wired up. The measurements for those models will be available to everyone in the application and selected with only a click of the button. When we have that working, I'll be testing all the drafts.

Morgaine gave me a Second Life model and I have the measurements for that, too.

In all of my drafting books, children's clothes are drafted differently. I haven't made these a priority, since I don't know how much they would be used. Is children's clothing quite popular? I can definitely add these to my list, if you think they would be requested.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:48 pm

"Comme ci, comme ca."
The Kids aren't as big a market as some of the other figures: mostly due to the unwillingness to tangle with 'child exploitation' issues... most art sites will ban even border-line images, so many artists just stay away from it all together.

I *was* able to produce a front bodice pattern for the Dawn figure, by taking **1/2** of the difference between the upper and lower circumference measurements, as you suggested for the hack above. But the other female figures remain elusive.

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:07 pm

Good to know on the kids. I think I'll leave that alone for now. I have tons to do without it.

I'm glad you did get a good draft finally. I'm still waiting for my app to be more complete so I can just hit a button and test draft everything on the models you've provided. That will be soon, I hope.

Fahad

Post by Fahad » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:37 am

LoriGriffiths wrote:Good to know on the kids. I think I'll leave that alone for now. I have tons to do without it.

I'm glad you did get a good draft finally. I'm still waiting for my app to be more complete so I can just hit a button and test draft everything on the models you've provided. That will be soon, I hope.
Hey Lori, any updates on the pattern maker?

Thanks!

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Hey Fahad,

I'm in testing mode at the moment. Every pattern has to be drafted and fit to a model for pictures and accuracy. I've got about 90 patterns, so this is slow going. I hope to have that done this week.

I've still got four chapters to finish in the book (there are over 30 total). Those shouldn't take too long.

There are 20 sets of measurements built into the app for anyone to use, including the Second Life female (thanks Morgaine), Michael and Victoria (thanks Rosemary), the MD avatars and 15 off the rack measurements (based on real world garment sizes). There's no way I can test all of these, but I'm spot checking what I can.

Wayne has been working very hard on the interface for me and it's amazing. It's really fun to see it all coming to life. To start from just a simple concept to create this whole thing has been a lot of fun. I can't wait for you to see it.

Well, that's probably more than you wanted to know. I'm shooting for the end of February, first of March. I was a little optimistic with my first release dates, but I think we can make it this time.

I really appreciate your interest in this. It keeps me motivated.

Lori

Fahad

Post by Fahad » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:34 pm

LoriGriffiths wrote:Hey Fahad,

I'm in testing mode at the moment. Every pattern has to be drafted and fit to a model for pictures and accuracy. I've got about 90 patterns, so this is slow going. I hope to have that done this week.

I've still got four chapters to finish in the book (there are over 30 total). Those shouldn't take too long.

There are 20 sets of measurements built into the app for anyone to use, including the Second Life female (thanks Morgaine), Michael and Victoria (thanks Rosemary), the MD avatars and 15 off the rack measurements (based on real world garment sizes). There's no way I can test all of these, but I'm spot checking what I can.

Wayne has been working very hard on the interface for me and it's amazing. It's really fun to see it all coming to life. To start from just a simple concept to create this whole thing has been a lot of fun. I can't wait for you to see it.

Well, that's probably more than you wanted to know. I'm shooting for the end of February, first of March. I was a little optimistic with my first release dates, but I think we can make it this time.

I really appreciate your interest in this. It keeps me motivated.

Lori
That was a great response Lori! Also, I didn't know you were making a book as well. Any idea about the pricing for the book and app?

Thanks