Jeans with centered fly?

If you're using PatternMaker PRO with MD, here's a great place to show off your work or ask questions. All subscribers and non-subscribers are welcome to participate.
Oscalon

Jeans with centered fly?

Post by Oscalon » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:28 am

Hello,

I am using Pattern Maker pro to create jeans, and have followed the video to properly setup the fly, yoke, and waistband. I have noticed that in this jeans design, the fly is not centered, and is instead offset to the model's left. How can I go about getting the fly centered? (It's this way in the video as well.)

LoriGriffiths

Re: Jeans with centered fly?

Post by LoriGriffiths » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm a bit confused by "the fly is not centered". The fly is always off to one side. Please see the image of real jeans below. The edge of the fly is on the center front of the pants.
Jeans.png
Jeans.png (138.08 KiB) Viewed 1224 times

Oscalon

Post by Oscalon » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:37 am

LoriGriffiths wrote:I'm a bit confused by "the fly is not centered". The fly is always off to one side. Please see the image of real jeans below. The edge of the fly is on the center front of the pants.
Jeans.png
You are right, now that I've looked up more pictures I get how it works. i got confused because I was looking at a pair of jeans that I have, but upon further inspection they are strange designer jeans with a very non-standard fly design with a flap that crosses over in such a way as to have the button centered.

Getting myself confused by using strange references without realizing they aren't standard :|

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:32 pm

Using the wrong reference image can get you into trouble. I've done that before myself. I'm glad you got it figured out.