Suggestion for PatternMaker Site

If you're using PatternMaker PRO with MD, here's a great place to show off your work or ask questions. All subscribers and non-subscribers are welcome to participate.
Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Suggestion for PatternMaker Site

Post by Rosemaryr » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:44 pm

Hey Lori, I know you are busy, but....

One of the things that seem to give people the most trouble (with the human female form) is a proper bra pattern. One that has cups that actually 'cup' the breasts, and doesn't 'bridge the gap' between the breasts. Most people seem to settle for a tightly stretched fabric that give the 'uni-breast' look. While that may be the correct look for outerwear, for a bra (especially for those of the 40s and 50s) the two breasts should be separate.
I know you have the corset, and a number of tops, but lingerie may be a good next step.

Just a suggestion.....

LoriGriffiths

Re: Suggestion for PatternMaker Site

Post by LoriGriffiths » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:53 pm

I think you're right about lingerie. I can draft bras, but they will be the old fashioned kind that has seams. Modern ones are formed synthetic material without seams. That type is going to have to be modeled/sculpted elsewhere.

I added bust radius with the last set of new patterns, so I think I have the measurements I'll need.

I'll put it on the list to tackle next. I've been deep into the book, but I need some new patterns for the program, too.

Thanks for the push and interest.

LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Rosemary,

I just added some patterns to PatternMaker PRO. There are two bras there for you. They are both strapless and actually form cups around the breasts. One has a full torso and the other is just cups.

There are no straps, because that is nearly impossible to do with drafting. If you want straps, you'll need to add those.

I also added a pair of boxer shorts, coveralls, jumpsuit and bib overalls. Lots of fun new things to play with.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Actually, I think that strapless will be so much more useful: strapless dresses, etc. will benefit from having this as a base pattern.
Using them as foundation forms (such as Charles James would do for his 1950s gowns like the "Butterly" and "Four Leaf Clover dresses) as well as lingerie, will make a great offering in PatternMaker.