Looking for an MD designer

Are you an expert at making garments in MD? Are you looking for some clients to work with? Post your information here so that others know that you're available. Provide links to your portfolio or website. Include a couple sample renders of your work.
Eugene

Looking for an MD designer

Post by Eugene » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:34 am

Hello,

I'm looking to hire an MD designer to create a model of an insulated one-piece snowsuit. We'd like to test out several ideas and color combinations in 3D before going forward.

We (obviously) don't know MD, but we're fascinated by what it offers. We worked with other 3D software in the past and hope we'd be able to quickly learn basic manipulations if someone more skilled "laid the groundwork" for now.

We do realize MD wasn't designed to work with real-world patterns (we've seen Lori's video about that). Our goal is only to visualise the ideas.

In visualisation there is one very important aspect for us: we need to simulate the "bulk" in a more or less precise manner. The snowsuit will have an insulation layer which make it slightly bulky, but not baggy. The shell fabric will be strong and sturdy and help the garment keep its form. I hope MD allows such configuration.

If you're interested please reply or PM me.
Last edited by Eugene on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoriGriffiths

Re: Looking for an MD designer

Post by LoriGriffiths » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for posting this for others to consider. I'm not sure if you've received any responses, but I wanted you to know that MD is capable of this insulation layer effect. You will need someone with skills in MD to pull it off, but I believe it is doable.

MD can't do the fur, but I know that Blender could. It just depends on the level of realism you are looking for in your mockups. If you want to submit to others, I'd suggest you go all the way and texture outside of MD (Blender, Maya, etc).

Good luck to you!

Lori

asim.junaid

Re: Looking for an MD designer

Post by asim.junaid » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Eugene wrote:Hello,

I'm looking to hire an MD designer to create a model of an insulated one-piece snowsuit. Me and a friend of mine are planning to sew something similar to this:

and we'd like to test out several ideas and color combinations in 3D before going forward.

We (obviously) don't know MD, but we're fascinated by what it offers. We worked with other 3D software in the past and hope we'd be able to quickly learn basic manipulations if someone more skilled "laid the groundwork" for now.

We do realize MD wasn't designed to work with real-world patterns (we've seen Lori's video about that). Our goal is only to visualise the ideas.

In visualisation there is one very important aspect for us: we need to simulate the "bulk" in a more or less precise manner. The snowsuit will have an insulation layer which make it slightly bulky, but not baggy. The shell fabric will be strong and sturdy and help the garment keep its form. I hope MD allows such configuration.

If you're interested please reply or PM me.

Hello,
I want to know about your need, are you still interested ?

Here's My working level in MD:
http://al-kabeer.deviantart.com/gallery ... s-Designer

My email:
alkabeer_45b@yahoo.com

Asim
Good Luck !