Cut and Sew help...

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
SkyeLark

Cut and Sew help...

Post by SkyeLark » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Hi everyone...

For the first time, I am using the Cut and Sew feature. Well... I am trying to. I have MD5 and a following a tutorial that uses MD6. When we Offset an internal line everything looks great. As soon as I try to Cut and Sew nothing happens. The tutorials Cut and Sew actually separates the pieces while sewing a seam. You can then take that piece and reduce or enlarge the size (think waistband here) while not changing the rest of the top. My Cut and Sew seems to sew a seam but does not detach the actual waistband.

If anyone has any helpful hints... I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Re: Cut and Sew help...

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:27 am

Make sure that the endpoints of the internal line (that is created by the Offset) actually goes all the way to both edges of the original pattern piece, in order for a clean complete cut to occur. I have seen, with the Offset function, you may not get that.

SkyeLark

Post by SkyeLark » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:23 pm

I appreciate the reply...

From what I can see it does look like the endpoints are going to both edges. I am at a loss.

Just out of curiosity, I created an extra pattern piece, basic rectangle. I then did Offset internal line on the bottom of the rectangle and used the Cut and Sew. It worked correctly... sighs

Maybe my problem is trying to do the front and back of the shirt at the same time. I will try each piece on its own. Ok that worked. Yay

Rosemaryr
VIP
VIP

Post by Rosemaryr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Ah. Yes, you can only do one at a time.... no multiple selection, so far.

*grin* At least you were able to figure out the problem! But, do feel free to ask anything. We may not know, but we can usually eliminate many wrong guesses.
:D