In over my Head

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
Lintu

In over my Head

Post by Lintu » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:39 pm

So after making skirts and tank tops i decided i wanted to challenge myself to making something abit harder. Im looking to try and make this full outfit:
aion_female_outfit_school_look_2_by_xnamall-d8yz5ef.jpg
aion_female_outfit_school_look_2_by_xnamall-d8yz5ef.jpg (166.87 KiB) Viewed 198 times
I tried making the shirt and got all the buttons done, but its just doesn't fit right at all. I tried making the front bigger so the buttons were not trying to rip open over her chest (i know you wont see them, but that's not a reason to not learn how to do it properly right?)
So as you can see from this screen shot, the collar is just a messy...mess and i have no idea how and what part of the pattern to change in order to make it fit the body better.
eb95bf8b21daff3a6d137a9544601a01.png
eb95bf8b21daff3a6d137a9544601a01.png (230.86 KiB) Viewed 198 times
Anyone able to help me out here? Thanks :3

Lintu

Re: In over my Head

Post by Lintu » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Update: broke a mouse and almost my monitor. i can't do this. Here are the files im working with if anymore can do this for me before i brake more things
https://mega.nz/#!7l4mxIII!ljwqjHrgvamH ... CVvTvzxbgY

LoriGriffiths

Re: In over my Head

Post by LoriGriffiths » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:40 pm

You aren't doing that badly. Some of your patterns are just a bit out of shape. The armholes appear to be too shallow and you do need more room in the shirt.

The collar patterns looks like it is pretty large compared to the neckline of the front and back. The collar curve should measure the same as the two necklines.

Don't give up, it is a process and it takes time to get good at MD.