Import OBJ to Garment / Loose UVs

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
hansolocambo

Import OBJ to Garment / Loose UVs

Post by hansolocambo »

I'm facing an issue that really doesn't help my workflow.

I'm often using the very useful Import OBJ to garment. But the issue is : as long as I work, the obj will retain its UVS. And if I export the simulated garment-OBJ, UVs are there too. Perfect.

But if I save the scene, and re-open it, the OBJ doesn't have UVs anymore. Sometimes working with characters interacting, I find it easier, to simulate an animation using an MDD cache, to simulate each character separately, save a Zprj for each, then merge them once animation is simulated : to continue working later on the final pose with no more animation. But there again, UVs are gone.

Does someone know how to save a Zprj but KEEPING the UVs of imported Objs. I mean... Avatars I use are also OBJs imported but somehow they keep their UVs just fine !

Thanks in advance for your help on that !
Jat

Re: Import OBJ to Garment / Loose UVs

Post by Jat »

Hello!

I am facing the same problem as well. I used OBJ to Garment Import, and everything works fine for the first time, the UV is there as it is in Maya. However, after I saved the Marvelous scene and reopened it again, the UV disappeared. The image below shows before and after.

This is really troublesome for my workflow, because I need to keep the UV for the texture maps to work after the simulation is done. If this problem persists, I cannot close the Marvelous scene for as long as I am still working on the project.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is there a solution to it? Thanks in advance!
LoriGriffiths

Post by LoriGriffiths »

This sounds like an issue for CLO. Use the reporting system within MD and report this to them. Give them good examples and ask for a response. They are usually pretty good about explaining what is going on.
Jat

Post by Jat »

LoriGriffiths wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:11 pm This sounds like an issue for CLO. Use the reporting system within MD and report this to them. Give them good examples and ask for a response. They are usually pretty good about explaining what is going on.
Alright, I'll do that. Thank you for your reply!