Fabric holes

Ask about specific settings, like fabric properties, or the difference between the sewing tools. These would be things you would expect to see in a software manual.
stankatz

Fabric holes

Post by stankatz »

Dear,

I'm trying some fabric simulation over a sharp mask, and it keeps piercing the fabric. I've tried various settings including putting particle distance to 2, but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Attachments
marv.jpg
marv.jpg (289.29 KiB) Viewed 204 times
LoriGriffiths

Re: Fabric holes

Post by LoriGriffiths »

You might try increasing the distance between the fabric and the mask. On the mask set Property Editor > Surface > Skin Offset. On the fabric set Property Editor > Simulation Properties > Add'l Thickness - Collision.

Pointy things are always hard, but this might help.
stankatz

Re: Fabric holes

Post by stankatz »

LoriGriffiths wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:48 pm You might try increasing the distance between the fabric and the mask. On the mask set Property Editor > Surface > Skin Offset. On the fabric set Property Editor > Simulation Properties > Add'l Thickness - Collision.

Pointy things are always hard, but this might help.
Thank you Lori! I'll try that. Maybe you could help me with this issue to - the fabric keeps falling through the other side, its not happening always, but often - could you give some tips please? I tried a lot of settings...
Attachments
mom.jpg
mom.jpg (420.44 KiB) Viewed 92 times